11 Steps to Creating the Perfect Guest Bathroom or Powder Room
Most home owners dream of having an ensuite, a family bathroom and a guest bathroom. Many new homes have a bathroom for each bedroom, which can sometimes be an overkill but is perfect if you have guests who stay over regularly. Here are the 11 steps to create an amazing guest bathroom!
1. Use tiles on all walls from floor to ceiling. With such an array of colour and texture in wall-tiles on the market now there is no excuse not to make it stunning and have your own personal style shine through.
2. For the floor tiles choose a colour that has enough contrast with the porcelain of the toilet and basin.
3. Using the same tile on the floor and up one or two walls instantly creates an air of exclusiveness and assists in making the space look larger if thats what’s needed.
4. Use a simple yet stylish toilet.
5. The size of the mirror should allow your guests to check that they look fantastic from just below the belt line and up!
6. Down lights can often look boring especially when there is so much more potential in lighting. For a pendant or interesting ceiling style make sure you use soft lighting to create a sense of calmness and give a flattering light for your guest.
(Photo from: Houzz)
7. Choosing special hand towels to complement the theme of the room is the icing on the cake! (Remember to always provide a bin with lid too!)
8. If there is a seldom shower think about beautiful fabric as a shower curtain as glass can contract movement in a small space.
9. Basins can be beautiful, sculptural, statement pieces!
(Photo from: dcruz.net.au)
10. Don’t be afraid to hang art work in your guest bathroom!
11. Always proved beautiful soap.
When building your theme for your bathroom, start with your tiles and layer from there. If you need advice please don’t hesitate to bring your floor plan into our store and ask to speak to our design director for guidance and advice.